The District 2 area serves Caldwell, Christian, Daviess, Hancock, Henderson, Hopkins, McLean, Muhlenberg, Ohio, Union, and Webster Counties
KYTC District 2 Snow Fighters remain steady in the effort to remove snow and ice from highways across the region. A little sunshine on Tuesday elevated those efforts in the process of snow and ice removal. While the A and B routes are mostly clear, C routes remain covered but passable.
Priority A routes include critical state routes and those most heavily traveled, such as interstates and main roads between counties or to hospitals, which receive the highest priority for snow-clearing efforts. Priority B and C routes include other important but lesser-traveled state routes.
Another round of winter weather is headed towards District 2 today. The National Weather Service has predicted less than an inch accumulation during the day today and a wintry mix overnight into Thursday.
KYTC continues to encourage motorists to remain safe by following these tips:
- When snow and/or ice are on roadways, drive slowly no matter what type of vehicle you are in. It takes more time and distance to stop your vehicle in adverse weather conditions, so break early and slowly.
- Pay attention to weather advisories. Weather will impact your commute on some level.
- Slow down when approaching intersections, off-ramps, bridges, and shaded areas. These are all candidates for developing black ice—a thin coating of clear ice that can form on the pavement surface that may be difficult to see.
- Maintain a safe distance from snowplows and other heavy highway equipment.
- Do not pass snowplows on the shoulder.
- Allow more time to travel for routine commutes.