This year’s downtown Hot Chocolate Hop will have 25 unique recipes, offering something for everyone whether you like your hot chocolate with milk or a little kick added to it. The event will take place Friday and Saturday at participating locations.
The recipes are spread throughout 14 venues downtown, with options ranging from Create Your Own at Mellow Mushroom to the Dirty Snowman (with optional RumChata) at Brasher’s Lil’ Nashville.
Most of the locations allow optional alcohol additions — or espresso at The Creme Coffee House.
“It’s fun to have hot chocolate when it gets cold out and there’s got a lot of businesses downtown that have some really unique offerings for it,” City of Owensboro Public Events Director Tim Ross said. “So it’s just something fun to experience the holiday and give people that holiday feel with so many different unique specialty drinks.”
The following businesses are participating:
- The Brew Bridge*
- Holiday Inn Riverfront* will have two drinks
- Owensboro Convention Center
- Lure Seafood & Grille*
- SIP Owensboro*
- Fetta Specialty Pizza will have two drinks
- Brasher’s Lil’ Nashville*
- Mellow Mushroom* will have two drinks
- Red Swing Coffee
- The Creme Coffee House will have two drinks
- Famous Bistro
- The Pub on Second*
- Don Mario
- Colby’s Fine Food & Spirits* will have two drinks
* indicates a business will have an option for alcohol