Reid’s Orchard is hosting several Market Days and Family Fun Days throughout the year, along with a weeklong event this October, as they celebrate their 150th year of family farm operations in Daviess County.
The special events they have planned for this year include:
- April 1: Easter Adventure
- April 16: Spring Flower Bliss Market Day
- May 21: Strawberry Bliss Market Day
- July 9: Sunset Flower Bliss Market Day
- August 5: Peach Bliss Market Day
- September 3: Apple Harvest Family Fun Day
- October 7-15: 150-Year Birthday Celebration
- December 9-10: Christmas Market Day
The orchard’s roots trace back to when Allan Reid left his village in Scotland and landed in New York City, where he tasted his first peach. Once he arrived in Kentucky in 1873, he started planting fruit trees that eventually grew into what is now Reid’s Orchard. His son Robert continued the orchard, which was later run by Rober’s son John.
Today, Reid’s Orchard is operated by 4th-generation Billy and Kathy Reid along with the 5th-generation Valerie Reid Reel, Brad Reid, Katie Reid Clark, and their families. The 6th generation is currently growing up on the orchard.
More details about each event will be announced as they draw nearer.