The 2022 Chamber Celebration drew hundreds of guests Friday night as the Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce recognized 10 local businesses as the 2022 Businesses of the Year in various categories.
The award recipients were among 42 nominees vying for the honors. Those earning the honors include:
- Emerging Business of the Year – Lark Electric, LLC
- Business of the Year 1-10 Employees – Niko’s Bakery and Cafe
- Business of the Year 11-50 Employees – Shoe Stop
- Business of the Year 51-500 Employees – UniFirst Corporation
- Business of the Year Over 500 Employees – Owensboro Health
- Non-Profit of the Year – Fine Arts – Owensboro Dance Theatre, Inc.
- Non-Profit of the Year – Human Services – Girls Incorporated of Owensboro-Daviess County
- Education and Workforce Development Institution of the Year – Owensboro Innovation Academy
- Manufacturer of the Year – Swedish Match
- Rick Kamuf Agri-Business of the Year – Hill View Farms Meats
Other awards of the night included:
- 2021 Chamber Ambassadors of the Year – Kevin Dorth, Western Kentucky University–Owensboro Campus,; and Justin Merritt, Advanced Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- 2021 Chamber Director of the Year – Sarah Murphy Ford, Hartz Contracting
- 2020 Leadership Owensboro Class Member of the Year – Allyson Sanders
- 2021 Leadership Owensboro Class Member of the Year – Emmy Woosley
- 2021 CYP Member of the Year – Sara Williams, Riney Hancock CPAs PSC
- 2021 Member of the Year – Green River District Health Department
- 2021 Minority Business Leader of the Year – Armando Ortiz, Real Hacienda Mexican Restaurant
- Bill Young Leadership Award – Daisy James
The Celebration also included an address from presenting sponsor, Owensboro Health, and the “passing of the gavel” from 2021 Chamber Board Chair W. Clay H. Ford, EM Ford, to 2022 Chamber Board Chair Brenda Clayton, Brenda Clayton CPA.
The 2022 Business of the Year Awards were sponsored by Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline. Following the awards presentation, the crowd dispersed downtown streets for an exclusive Chamber After-Party sponsored by German American Bank.
“The Chamber Celebration is an opportunity to recognize the members who are leading and excelling in our community,” said Candance Castlen Brake, Chamber President and CEO. “Our business community is like no other. The nominees and award recipients are true examples of excellence. The Chamber of Commerce is proud to serve our members and see their growth, innovation and pride in all they do.”