The Owensboro Sanitation Department will begin vacuum leaf collection on Monday and continue through Feb. 12, 2021.
During leaf season, crews will complete three passes through 10 zones of the city, beginning in zone 8 this year. Customers can find their leaf zone by accessing an interactive map at https://services.owensboro.org/maps/citizen-information/.
Monitor leaf zone progress by visiting owensboro.org; following @CityofOwensboro on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter; registering for text alerts on the city website; or by calling CityAction at 270-687-4444.
Bagged leaves in plastic bags (less than 30 lbs. per bag) can be placed curbside on trash collection day. Bagged leaves can also be dropped off in the orange leaf collection dumpsters located in the Owensboro Sportscenter north parking lot on Hickman Avenue.
Leaf collection tips from the City:
– Be ready – Crews cannot return for late rake-outs or inaccessible piles
– Do not mix limbs, yard waste or trash with leaves
– Do not wet leaves – vacuums cannot lift frozen leaf piles
– Rake early in the season – snow and ice may slow or prohibit leaf collection
– Rake leaves curbside in yard – not the street or sidewalk
– Leaf piles should not be blocked with vehicles
– Do not place leaf piles over water meter lids or other obstructions
– Loose brush/limb collection ends during leaf season