The Daniel Pitino Shelter is part of a coordinated outreach effort launching in the region that is aimed at homelessness, poverty, and affordable housing.
Through the “Community Collaborative Regional Leadership Team for Homeless Outreach,” organizations and community members will participate in a coordinated response across the Green River Area Development District — which spans Daviess, Hancock, Henderson, McLean, Ohio, Union and Webster counties.
Charlotte Statts, Community Organizer for Daniel Pitino Shelter, is the point-of-contact for the outreach team.
The agency is seeking representatives from the following areas of the community:
- City, county, state, and other government agencies,
- The court system,
- Legal aid groups,
- Continuum of care organizations, and
- Other organizations addressing homelessness
The outreach team also includes:
- Housing nonprofits,
- United Way,
- Landlord, realtor, and tenant associations,
- Business chambers,
- Workforce organizations, and
- Key faith and community leaders
Members of the team will participate in a six-week online training conducted by “Rethinking Homelessness,” which is a national initiative to build coalitions, create new strategies, and do cutting-edge advocacy “to transform and save lives impacted by homelessness and poverty.”
Each week’s curriculum will include a one-hour live webinar; a one-hour private community coaching session with the regional team to implement an actionable plan; and updates on policy developments, funding opportunities, and data on homelessness, poverty, and housing.
All program details will be disseminated to team members via email. The weekly program module schedule is:
- Week 1 (May. 12-18): Understanding Your Region & State’s Stimulus Dollars
- Week 2 (May 19-25): Finding Solutions for the Eviction Crisis
- Week 3 (May 26-June 1): Creating New Ways to Solve Homelessness
- Week 4 (June 2-8): Targeting the Most Vulnerable & Impacting Poverty
- Week 5 (June 9-15): Building a Collaborative to Reach Those in Need
- Week 6 (June 16-22): Implementing Your Community Plan
Interested community organizations and individuals should contact Statts at email@example.com or 270-688-9000 and provide the following information: full name, job title, organization name, organization address, email, phone numbers for main point-of-contact and for all persons who will be part of the team from your organization or regional partners