The Daviess County Public Schools district has announced meal service information, with plans to offer breakfast and lunch to all students whether they are learning at school or at home.
Students participating in the A/B schedule of in-Person instruction will be served breakfast and lunch each day they are at school. All meals are free until at least December 2020 through an extension of the USDA Summer Feeding Program.
Starting Monday, for students learning at home — whether on Virtual Academy, Digital Learning Days, Hybrid Learning Days or Non-Traditional Instruction — meal service will take place every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at Meadow Lands, West Louisville and Whitesville elementary schools; Apollo and Daviess County high schools; and six mobile sites.
See below for schedule of serving times and locations.
Meals are available for all children age 18 and younger. Two breakfasts and two lunches will be served every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The “extra” meals are intended for Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Meals will not be served during Fall Break (Oct. 5-9.)
Parents/guardians may pick up meals at whichever location is most convenient for them. All health and safety guidelines, including social distancing and face coverings, must be followed by everyone participating in this service.
Families who need to request special accommodations for allergies, etc. should contact the cafeteria manager at the school where they pick up meals (phone numbers listed below; call at least an hour in advance). Let them know specific dietary needs and the day(s) meals will be picked up, and they will provide an appropriate meal.
Information including meal menus are available at www.dcps.org
For questions or more information, contact the DCPS Food Services Department at 270-852-7000.
CURBSIDE MEAL PICKUP SCHEDULE
DCPS Red, Orange and Yellow status
Times listed below – Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Meadow Lands Elementary School – 270-852-7450 – 11 a.m. to noon – Rear of building
- West Louisville Elementary School – 270-852-7650 – 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Whitesville Elementary School – 270-852-7670 – 11 a.m. to noon – Rear of building (front if rain)
- Apollo High School – 270-852-7100 – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Gemini Drive drop-off area
- Daviess County High School – 270-852-7300 – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Back of school
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Gemini Drive Apartments – 2260 Carpenter Drive
- Chuck Gray Court Apartments – 650 Chuck Gray Court
- Towne Square Court Apartments – 4825 Towne Square Court
- Town and Country Mobile Home Park – 418 Reid Road
- Colony Mobile Homes – 2016 Arlington Park Boulevard
- Riverbend Pointe – 501 Office Lane