Students representing Daviess County Public Schools earned several top awards at the annual Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP) State Championship in Lexington last week. DCPS students captured three 1st-place championships and a “Best In Group” award, as well as four 2nd-place and one 3rd-place awards.
The Kentucky Department of Education recently hosted the event. STLP uses project-based learning principles to empower student learning and achievement. STLP provides opportunities for students to design, make, connect and learn through the use of technology and the creation of original digital content. The program is open to students in grades K-12 across the state of Kentucky.
DCPS winners, their schools and categories of competition are listed below.
Digital Product Online Judging winners
- Larken Roach (Audubon Elementary School) — 1st place in Digital Art, grades K-5
- Reice Coomes (Southern Oaks Elementary School) — 2nd place in Digital Art, grades K-5
- Audrey Schultz and Claire Schultze (Apollo High School) — 1st place in Logo Design, grades 9-12
- Country Heights Elementary School Leader Ledger (team members Rachel Watkins, Allison Hoover, Emily Dick, Piper Faulkner, Camille Shutt, Brogan Sanchez, Frank Robertson and Paige Ehlschide) — 2nd place in EPublishing, grades K-5
- Larken Roach (Audubon Elementary School) — 2nd place in Photo Essay, grades K-5
- Whitesville Elementary School (team members Levi Stone, Cameron Howard, Case Wimsatt, Trenton Bickett and Nate Terry) — 2nd place in RCX: Robot Challenge Extreme
- Country Heights Elementary School (team members Elijah Burton and Keaton Fulkerson) — 3rd place in RCX: Robot Challenge Extreme
- Parker Pelphrey (Southern Oaks Elementary School) — 1st place in Advanced Kentucky: Web Design, grades K-5
- BenchSmart Benches project by Noah Clark, Daniel Flick and Preston Smith (Daviess County High School) — Best in Group: Grades 9-12