Signature HealthCARE has announced plans to allow visitors in their facilities again soon.
According to a Wednesday press release, Signature has been working on plans and protocols that will permit them to reopen healthcare facilities for limited outdoor visitation, and in certain circumstances even indoor visitation, in the near future.
When they can reopen for visitation, visitors and vendors alike can expect to follow new policies that include, but are not limited to:
• Precautionary infection control measures
• Visitor screening procedures
• Visitor mask and other protective equipment requirements
• Advanced scheduling of visits
• Limited visitation times so that all residents can be accommodated
• For indoor visitors, proof of COVID-19 testing within 72 hours of a scheduled resident visit
• For other visitors, consent to be tested for COVID-19 at facility, circumstances depending
“We all look forward to the day when residents, families, and staff can celebrate and hug and embrace in person,” said Joseph E. Steier III, Signature HealthCARE’s Founder, CEO and President. “We know that kind of social engagement and physical connection is vital to personal health and we’re excited to open our doors once again. But we must reach this goal safely, and with a plan in place that cannot be rushed or compromised, for the safety of all involved.”