Owensboro Health has again updated their visitor policy, with the most recent change including now allowing two visitors for outpatient procedures. These visitors do not have to remain the same.
The only area in the hospital that requires two designated visitors to remain the same through the patient’s stay is in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Visitor restrictions at all Owensboro Health hospitals and outpatient facilities are subject to change at any time.
As of the latest updated policy on April 15, the following guidelines are in effect until further notice:
- Two adult visitors will be allowed per non-COVID patient.
- Everyone must pass a screening before entering our facilities.
- Masks are required to be worn over the mouth and nose at all times while in our facilities.
- Physical distancing standards must be maintained.
- Everyone is required to wash or sanitize their hands frequently.
- No one under the age of 18 will be permitted to visit.
- Maternity Services will issue name badges to identify approved visitors.
- All patients and visitors of Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital and Owensboro Health Twin Lakes Medical Center must enter through the Emergency entrances to be screened upon entry after hours:
- Clergy visitations will follow established guidelines/process
- Exceptions will be made for end-of-life care
- Transitional Care and Long-Term Care Units are following CMS guidelines.
- Outpatient Surgery is allowing two visitors per patient.
- Visitors should maintain a distance from other parties while in the waiting room.
- Outpatient Testing is allowing two visitors per patient.
- Therapies and Clinics are allowed two visitors per patient.
Visitor guidelines for the Maternity Services and Pediatric Unit were also updated to the following:
- Two parents or caregivers of a child in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) are allowed as long as they are not symptomatic or have COVID-19.
- Two parents or caregivers of pediatric patients are allowed as long as they are not symptomatic or have COVID-19.
- Two support people (doulas are included as a support person) are allowed in Labor & Delivery or Mother Baby Units.
- Support person(s) must remain the same throughout the entire stay.
- No one under the age of 18 will be permitted.