A structure fire was reported around 7 p.m. Sunday at a residence in the 700 block of Dornell Street.
Owensboro Fire Department Captain Billy Wilson said a garage behind the home was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived. Wilson said no one was injured.
“Somebody said there was fireworks being set off but nobody will ever know,” Wilson said. “It was burnt too much by the time we got here to know what’s wrong.”
Owensboro Municipal Utilities was on scene to restore electricity for the home. AMR also responded.