City Commissioners will vote today on two ordinances — one annexing land that will contain the future Daviess County Middle School and the other expanding the Gateway Commons Development Area.
One of the big topics is the second reading and vote of the annexation of nearly 23 acres of land that will contain the future Daviess County Middle School.
The 22.79 acres of land the City is voting to annex is located at 3901 Fairview Dr. and is currently owned by the Daviess County School District Finance Corporation.
This annexation will ensure the future DCMS property will fall completely within City boundaries.
City Commissioners will also be voting on an ordinance expanding the Gateway Commons Development Area as well as amended Master Development and Local Participation Agreements that will give developers, the City of Owensboro and Owensboro Regional Water Resource Agency a portion of Tax Increment Financing (TIF) reimbursements.
The City previously approved ordinances establishing and enlarging the Gateway Commons Development Area.
The new ordinance will ensure that future TIF reimbursements from the state will be more evenly distributed among three entities. The developer will receive 65%, RWRA 22% and the City 13%.
Before this Master Development Agreement was finalized, any developer located in the Gateway Commons Development Area would have been awarded 100% of the TIF reimbursement.
At its 5 p.m. meeting today, the Owensboro City Commission is scheduled to take up the following items:
• Shifley-York Neighborhood Alliance: Appoint Robin French to a two-year term effective August 4, 2020.
• Consider the second reading and consider approving Ordinance 9-2020: An ordinance closing a portion of the south right-of-way of W. Fifth Street on the north side of the property located at 1008 W. Fifth Street, Owensboro, Ky., and containing 0.022 acres, at the request of Visha, LLC.
• Consider the second reading and consider approving Ordinance 10-2020: An ordinance annexing the property located at Hayden Road (Near KY-603) most recently assigned the address of 3901 Fairview Drive, containing 22.799 acres.
• Consider the second reading and consider approving Ordinance 11-2020: An ordinance annexing the property owned by Senior Green, LLC, located at 2224 Pleasant Valley Road, containing 24.737 acres.
• Consider the second reading and consider approving Ordinance 12-2020: The City previously approved ordinances establishing and enlarging the Gateway Commons Development Area. The City has determined it to be advisable to further expand the boundaries of the Development Area. With the expansion of the Area, there is a need to amend and replace the Local Participation Agreement. An MOA was previously approved and executed with the Developer as related to the Development Area. A negotiated Master Development Agreement will replace the previous MOA.
• Consider Municipal Order 21-2020: The City desires to execute a Memorandum of Agreement with Daviess County Fiscal Court to apply for the 2020 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Funds in the amount of $20,411.00 which will be used for OPD to purchase ten (10) AR-15 rifles for the Emergency Response Team, 105 Red Dot Optics for Patrol Rifles, and twenty-seven (27) Flip-up Rear Sights; No match is required by the City.
• Consider Municipal Order 22-2020: Authorize the Mayor to execute a Real Estate Purchase and Sale Agreement for the acquisition of approximately 24.280 acres of real property located at Pleasant Valley Road for the purpose of extending Fairview Drive; also authorize Mayor to execute a Deed transferring any surplus from the property.
• Consider Municipal Order 23-2020: Authorize and direct the Mayor to execute a Memorandum of Agreement with the Board of Education of Daviess County, Kentucky, and the Daviess County School District Finance Corporation establishing the duties of the parties for improvements to Hayden Road and Fairview Drive.
• Consider Municipal Order 24-2020: Authorize and direct the Mayor to execute a Memorandum of Agreement with Senior Green, LLC establishing the duties of the parties for improvements to Hayden Road and Fairview Drive.
• Consider Personnel Appointment: Seth R. Flener – Regular, full-time, non-civil service appointment to Assistant Recreation Facilities Manager with the Parks and Recreation Department, effective August 13, 2020.