Owensboro Public Schools is partnering with the Owensboro Health Regional Hospital and the Green River District Health Department to provide free COVID-19 vaccines to families and students.
Students ages 12 and up will be able to receive the vaccine through the Summer Food Service Program. As of right now only the first week of routes are planned.
Future weeks will be announced early next week, according to OPS Public Information Officer Jared Revlett.
Starting Monday, OHRH will follow the Green route of the OPS Summer Feeding schedule and will visit one site each day to distribute vaccines to those who are interested. The schedule is as follows:
- June 14 — Daviess County Public Library, 10-11 a.m.
- June 15 — Wing Ave (lot across from church), 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- June 16 — Chautauqua Park (Skate park lot), 11 a.m. – noon
- June 17 — Baptist Center on Scherm Rd. (across from KWC Greek Houses), 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- June 18 — Oney’s Apartments (office lot), 12-1 p.m.
To receive the vaccine, you will need the following:
- Parent/Legal Guardian (if under 18)
- Insurance Card (if you have one, you do not need insurance to get vaccinated)
- Proof of Age (license, birth certificate, etc.)
Those getting their vaccine during the first week will also receive their second dose the week of July 5-9, and the schedule will remain the same.