The Greater Owensboro Leadership Institute is hosting a Leadership Summit on June 8. Organizers said the day will be packed with speakers and expert panelists focusing on leadership, innovation, partnerships, government, philanthropy, and service.
The day-long event begins at 8 a.m. and will be hosted at the Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame and Museum (311 West Second Street).
“The Summit provides a day of best practices, thought leadership, and encouragement for leaders,” said Stacy Edds Ellis, Executive Director of the Institute. “It is designed to serve as a catalyst for leadership, fuel collaboration, and foster civic engagement in our community. This is an excellent opportunity for employers to develop their leadership talent pipeline and connect with other change makers.”
- Savannah Barrett, Exchange Director for Art of the Rural and co-founder of the Kentucky Rural-Urban Exchange.
- Bracken Darrell, President and Chief Executive Officer of Logitech International S. A.
- Spencer Lucker, Director of Strategic Talent Initiatives for Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Alyssa Manning, President of the Felix E. Martin Jr. Foundation Dee Robinson | CEO of Robinson Hill and Founder of GT Spirits Company
- DeAngelo Simmons, NBA Agent and BDS Sports CEO
The cost to attend the event will be $150, with a special nonprofit employee rate of $95. Registration includes lunch. Reservations can be made online at business.chamber.owensboro.com/events or by calling the Chamber office at 270-926-1860 by June 2.
Sponsors of the event include Owensboro Health, Brescia University, Greenwell Chisholm, Kentucky Wesleyan College, Owensboro Community and Technical College, RiverValley Behavioral Health, and Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline. The deadline for sponsorship is May 16. Contact [email protected] for more information.
The Greater Owensboro Leadership Institute is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization established through the support of local philanthropic organizations and businesspeople. The Institute’s mission is “to equip people, organizations, communities, and networks with the tools to bridge divides, build capacity, and tackle shared challenges to become a collective force for change.”