Food Service Inspections
These food services were inspected by the Green River District Health Department between Sept. 27 and Oct. 14. The following are letter-grade definitions:
A — 85 to 100 percent with no critical violations.
B — Failed two consecutive regular inspections or a follow-up inspection.
C — Any critical violations or 84 percent and below. A follow-up inspection is required within 10 days.
No Grade — Establishment sells prepackaged foods only and does not receive a letter grade.
- Subway #10229, 3124 Kentucky 54, (100) Sept. 27. Grade: A.
- Wendell Foster’s campus cafeteria, 815 Triplett St., (100) Sept. 27. Grade: A.
- Shogun Bistro, 2127 E. Parrish Ave., (99) Sept. 27. Grade: A.
- Tienda San Martin, 1107 E. Fourth St., (100) Sept. 27
- Molly’s Mixins, 1531 Frederica St., (100) Sept. 27.
- Country Heights Elementary, 4961 Kentucky 54, (100) Sept. 28. Grade: A.
- Norman McDonald’s Drive-In, 6161 Highway 54, (100) Sept. 29. Grade: A.
- Huddle House, 3248 Mount Moriah, (95) Sept. 29. Grade: A.
- Vessels Mini Market, 9227 Highway 54, food: (99), retail: (98) Sept. 29. Grade: A.
- Owensboro Country Club, 400 E. Byers Ave., (100) Sept. 29. Grade: A.
- Owensboro Karen Restaurant, 7046 Kentucky 56, (100) Sept. 29. Grade: A.
- Kelly Rae’s Country Cafe, 10130 Highway 54, (100) Sept. 29. Grade: A.
- Mil’s Dairy Drive In, 10154 Highway 54, (100) Sept. 29. Grade: A.
- Whitesville IGA, 10035 Highway 54, food: (100), retail: (100) Sept. 29. Grade: A.
- Leaning Tower of Pizza, 10531 Main Cross Street, (100) Sept. 29. Grade: A.
- Rosedale Rest Home, 415 Sutton Lane, (89) Sept. 24. Grade: C. Violations: Person in charge doesn’t demonstrate food safety knowledge. Person in charge did not have the proper information of the workings of the kitchen area. They must be able to contact the owner, administration, and have knowledge of kitchen operations. No certified food manager present. The facility must have one person in charge that has a safety manager certification. Food stored where exposed to splash, dust or other contamination. The inside lip of the ice machine has mildew on it and needs to be cleaned. No chemical test kit. Improper test strips for the dishwasher. The dishwasher uses chlorine sanitizer, so the facility must have chlorine test strips on hand. Non-food contact surfaces have accumulation of soil. All cabinets in the kitchen are in poor repair (paint chipping/peeling and need to be cleaned). Floors not cleaned. Floor in the kitchen is uncleaned, especially under and around all the equipment. Walls and ceiling not clean. Walls and ceiling in the entire kitchen are unclean, especially around the windows and door. The windows and door need to be sealed from the outside properly. Presence of insects — a large number of flies (fruit flies and house flies). A licensed pest control company must be called in to inspect, treat the problem and inspect for remaining issues. During a follow-up inspection, violations were corrected except for floors and ceilings not clean. Outer openings not protected against entry of pests. Door and windows in need of repair, (98) Oct. 4. Grade: A.
- Meadowlands Elementary cafeteria, 3500 Hayden Road, (100) Sept. 30. Grade: A.
- Daviess County High School cafeteria, 4255 New Hartford Road, (100) Oct. 1. Grade: A.
- Daviess County High School volleyball/basketball concessions, 4255 New Hartford Road, (100) Oct. 1. Grade: A.
- Pub House, 718 W. Ninth St., (100) Oct. 5. Grade: A.
- St. Mary of the Woods Cafe, 10521 Franklin Street, (100) Oct. 13. Grade: A.
- Pizza By The Guy, 3115 Commonwealth Court, (100) Oct. 13. Grade: A.
- Sutton School Cafe, 2060 Lewis Lane, (100) Oct. 13. Grade: A.
- The Cup Cakery, 231 Williamsburg Square, (100) Oct. 13. Grade: A.
- Owensboro Middle School Cafe, 1300 Booth Avenue, (100) Oct. 14. Grade: A.