Owensboro Parks and Recreation has announced upcoming reopenings of city properties.
Listed below are the facilities and locations that will be open beginning either Monday or June 22, as well as what has already reopened. Park amenities like playgrounds and some sport courts and fields remain closed until further notice.
June 15 Openings:
- Youth ball diamonds
- Youth sports leagues who utilize City locations, following the Governor’s guidelines
- Youth golf lessons, camps, and programs
- Castlen Dog Park
June 22 Openings:
- Shelter reservations 50 or less
- Restrooms at Ben Hawes, Legion and Moreland parks
- Outdoor park greenspace
- Boat ramp at English Park
- Fishing lakes
- Paved walking trails
- Adkisson Greenbelt
- Hiking trails at Joe Ford Nature Park and Ben Hawes
- Rudy Mines mountain bike trails
- Outdoor tennis courts
- Archery range at Ben Hawes Park
- Hillcrest and Ben Hawes golf courses, with restrictions
- Owensboro Parks & Recreation Administrative Center, with restrictions
- Centre Court, operated by the Owensboro Daviess County Tennis Association
The Parks & Recreation Administrative Center is open to the public; however, capacity will be limited to three guests at any given time. Visitors are required to wear a mask and are asked to follow CDC social distancing guidelines of six feet in all city facilities.