From the national weather service in Paducah:
WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM CST TUESDAY…
* WHAT…Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to
locally 9 inches. Precipitation may start as sleet in the
Hopkinsville area tonight.
* WHERE…Portions of southwest Indiana, western Kentucky, far
southeast Missouri, and far southeast Illinois.
* WHEN…From 6 PM this evening to 6 AM CST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS…Travel conditions will become dangerous tonight and
Monday. Commutes Monday morning, Monday evening, and Tuesday
morning will be impacted.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to 20
mph will likely cause blowing and drifting of snow. Very cold
wind chill temperatures are also forecast.
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.