Holiday World launches its 73rd season this Saturday with a new award: the Midwest’s Most Affordable Park.
HomeToGo.com, the world’s largest vacation rental search engine, released its annual Theme Park Price Index, a study of the affordability of 50 top parks nationwide.
“We kick off the season this weekend with another year of free parking, our 20th season of free soft drinks for everyone, plus free sunscreen,” says the park’s president, Matt Eckert. “It’s a great feeling to see we’re ranked #1 in the Midwest and #2 in the nation when it comes to affordability. Add that to our lineup of world-class attractions, clean grounds, friendly Team Members, and our new Santa’s Merry Marketplace, and we’re off to another fantastic season!”
Santa’s Merry Marketplace is part of the park’s investment of $5.5 million for the 2019 season, including:
- Santa’s Merry Marketplace, with five serving stations offering varying menus, plus Candy Cane Confectionary, Sugarplum Scoop Shoppe, and the Polar Expresso
- New “Kids World” fest for five weekends starting in mid-August
- Premium Keys to the World Tours
- Track improvements for 720 feet of The Voyage, the world’s second-longest wooden roller coaster
- On-ride photos for Gobbler Getaway dark ride
- Candy Cornucopia store and Dippin’ Dots Sundae Shop in the Thanksgiving section
- Four additional Cabanas
“With Santa’s Merry Marketplace, we’ll start a new tradition at Holiday World, as Santa Claus greets park Guests each morning from the tower’s balcony,” says Eckert. “We also preserved our iconic Santa murals from the past restaurant to help decorate Santa’s Merry Marketplace.”
Menu changes throughout Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari include a total of 110 new items, half of which are in Santa’s Merry Marketplace, which will feature Asian Cuisine, Pizza & Pasta, Deli Sandwiches, Kids Favorites, American Grill, and a show kitchen for candy making. Menus parkwide, available at HolidayWorld.com/Food, include continued attention to vegetarian, gluten-free, and allergen-friendly options.
Holiday World opens for the season on May 4. Splashin’ Safari’s opening day is the following weekend. Season Passes for 2019 are discounted at their lowest prices through May 3. Best discounts for one-day tickets are available using the park’s Pick Your Price Calendar. For more information, visit HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-463-2645.