This is a paid release.
Many Owensboro area faith communities, the Owensboro-Daviess County Ministerial Association, and the Owensboro Interfaith Center are pleased to announce the 11th Annual Faith Fest as a hybrid edition. It will take place from Nov. 5-21.
Events will include educational events and prayer services in several traditions. Some are in-person, some via Zoom, and some are hybrids. Faith Fest will conclude with the 14th Annual Interfaith Thanksgiving Service hosted by the Owensboro Interfaith Center on Sunday, Nov 21 at 2 p.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Owensboro. (Details at http://www.faithfest.org)
Major events include:
- Prayers, Jummah, at the Islamic Center of Owensboro at 1:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 5
- Tours of Faith Homes:
- Sunday, Nov. 7, from 2-4 p.m. at the Islamic Center of Owensboro, the Salvation Army, and the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints
- Three special events of note:
- A keynote presentation entitled, Dialogue: A View, Voice, and Vocation by Sr. Margaret Mary Funk, OSB on Saturday, Nov. 20 at 10 a.m. Sr. Meg is the author of The Matters Series, a former Executive Director of the Monastic Interreligious Dialogue Board, a presenter at the World Parliament of Religions (1993), and a participant in formal and informal interfaith dialogue at all levels. Her lecture will be offered via Zoom from Our Lady of Grace Benedictine Monastery in Beech Grove, IN.
- An Inspirational Concert will be offered at St. Stephen Cathedral as part of their continuing series, Arts at the Cathedral. The concert will be Friday, Nov. 19 at 6:30 p.m.
- Two Faith in Action opportunities on Saturday, Nov. 13:
- A pilgrimage to the SEEK Museum in Russellville sponsored by First Presbyterian Church
- A workshop of Bystander Training on Zoom sponsored by NonViolent Owensboro
- Both events require registration. Details are at FaithFest.org and on the brochure.
- Several new events will be offered:
- A labyrinth installation on the lawn at Unity Fellowship
- A Buddhist meditation at 1UU
- A documentary shown at OCTC
- A workshop on Building Your Own Theology at 1UU
- Hanging of the Greens Service at St. John’s United Methodist Church
Complete details are available at www.FaithFest.org